Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hello from GroundZero (Berlin, WI)

CodeJunkie (Me) started geocaching back in late June 2009. It all started when I saw a friend post a "Caching Event" on their wall. I sent an email asking what this was all about. A few hours later I had an account on Geocaching.com, but didn't have the requisite GPSr. This friend (Weathernowcast) had a few caches in our home town a got me started with my free account, Google Maps, and a little guidance via email. That's how we (as a family) logged our first 5 or 6 caches. Since then my oldest daughter (CamoQueen) has gotten her own account as well.

I've been hooked since day 1 and have also acquired a GPSr and am off and running on the caching trail. Not quite as fast as some others, or as savy (yet), or as well rounded, but we're on the trail and running with some of the big dogs.

This blog is dedicated to my trek up / down the caching trail and will also include all those other interesting tidbits that make life interesting for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment